Sussex Eco Grants Scheme
The ECO Grant Scheme
The Sussex Eco Grants scheme (SECOG) has been set-up to help businesses in areas of poor air quality in Sussex to improve local air quality, cut carbon and cut costs.
The ECO Grant Scheme will provide businesses with FREE access to:
- Energy and transport audits
- Support to evaluate your grant options
- ECO driving courses for your business operations and staff commutes free ECO driving courses
- A Sustainable Transport eVent at Crawley Town FC on the 19th June 2019:
- where businesses can try-out electric vehicles, find-out about energy saving offers and advice.
- To apply to come along to the seminar and eVent please visit: www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-sustainable-transport-event-tickets-61693364514
There are limited grants for businesses in Sussex, but we hope new grants will be coming through soon (20 May 2019)
Currently if your business is based in East Sussex:
- You could get up to 40% of the cost of energy saving equipment and electric vehicles, up to a total of £1,000.
What does the Grant cover?
We will provide access to grants for businesses to apply for energy and cost saving options:
- insulation, low emission boilers and heating systems, energy saving devices
- electric vehicle purchase:cars, vans, cycles, scooters/mopeds
How can you apply?
You can apply on-line (see ECO Grant Application Form above) or drop us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens next?
We will contact you to confirm that your business is eligible, then arrange to visit your business and provide FREE energy audits and transport emissions assessment.
How the Sussex Eco Grant scheme works:
We will be offering for each business as well to reduce pollution and save fuel costs. We will provide an ECO drive trainer to come to your business and deliver the training with your operatives/workers or commuters.
More information and contacting us:
Project Manager: Nigel Jenkins (Phlorum) Email: email@example.com Tel: 01273 391 926
Eligiblity and Grants
To be eligible for the Sussex Eco Grants Scheme businesses must be:
- Operating or based within an area of poor air quality i.e. a Sussex AQMA (list below)
- Employ less than 250 people.
- Have a turn-over of less than £44m.
- Not have received more than €200K of State Aid over the last 3 years.
The grant has been provided to support SME's operating in the East Sussex AQMAs (only) located in Newhaven, Lewes.
The vast majority of models on the market are covered, as per the national plug-in grant scheme. The plug-in-grant scheme can also be applied for if purchasing an Ultra-Low-Emission Vehicle (ULEV). However a recent Government announcement (October 2018) has removed hybrid vehicles from the grant and reduced the available funding to £3,500 per vehicle.
ULEVs currently available for discounts are placed into three categories:
- Category 1: CO₂ emissions of less than 50g/km and a zero emission range of at least 70 miles
- Category 2: CO₂ emissions of less than 50g/km and a zero emission range between 10 and 69 miles
- Category 3: CO₂ emissions of 50 to 75g/km and a zero emission range of at least 20 miles.
Note that we can also cover taxis, mopeds and motorcycles within the same emissions bracket. We do not provide funding for charge points, however some ULEV manufacturers provide this service as part of a purchase.
We also cover e-bikes and e-cargo bikes for businesses.
Energy efficient options for businesses
We will review the audit results and propose energy efficient options for your business which help reduce costs, CO2 and pollution, these may include:
- Low NOx energy efficient boilers, Low energy lighting, Energy management, Uninterruptible Power Supplies
Business Tax relief
You can also claim capital allowances when you buy energy efficient, or low or zero-carbon technology for your business. This reduces the amount of tax you pay. You can claim 'enhanced capital allowances' (a type of first year allowances) for the following energy and water efficient equipment:
Free Eco Driver Training
We will provide free ECO driver training for your business.
Working with the Energy Savings Trust (EST) we provide an instructor to visit your business to deliver eco-driving training for your employees to help save your business cost and reduce pollution through clean driving techniques.
Eco driving training takes about an hour for each driver and typically delivers:
- average fuel savings of 15% on the day and
- 6.2% in the longer term.
- road awareness and smooth vehicle handling;
- less wear and tear on vehicles;
- fewer accidents
- reducing harmful emissions of pollutants; and
- reducing your compan's carbon footprint
Signing-up is easy.
To sign-up please contact us and we will discuss how we can provide the free service to your business.
Free Eco Audits
Our Auditors will assess your premises energy usage and emissions from transport and provide recommendations to save energy, emissions and costs.
- Estimated annual utility consumption & costs.
- Building fabric, insulation, hot water, heating, cooling, lighting & equipment.
- Commuting activity, to & from work by a sample of workers.
- Business mileage, including deliveries.
The audit report will provide the recommendations for energy saving options for your business and transport options to help you save money, cut your carbon footprint and will include:
- Implementation costs.
- Cost savings & payback periods.
- Fuel and/or mileage savings.
- CO2e and equivalent NOx reductions, where applicable.
Signing-up is easy.
To sign-up please contact us and we will discuss how we can provide this free service to your business.
The Sustainable Transport eVent
The Sustainable Transport eVent will take place on 19th June 2019 at Crawley Town Football Club. See details below and click here to BOOK YOUR PLACE